Pages


A Stitching Faery's Ramblings...
May you always be blessed with walls for the wind and a roof for the rain
and drinks beside the fire ~ Laughter to cheer you and those you love near you ~
and all that your heart may desire...

Monday, April 23, 2007

Gifties from a friend... the stash faery strikes again... and ramblings...


My dear friends, I'm so sorry I've been MIA for the last few days... What joy it is to have such lovely, treasured friends... your kind, thoughtful and wonderfully inspiring words of encouragement are such a blessing and continue to brighten my days... I cannot thank you enough for thinking of me and helping me through this rough patch... Your heartfelt wishes are akin to a soothing balm to my heart and enrich my days beyond compare!

I received a lovely PIF gift from Tuula on Saturday... it was my weekend to work and I have been exhausted so did not have a chance to post earlier... Tuula I was so thrilled to find your lovely biscornu waiting for me when I got home on Saturday! The colours are gorgeous and your finishing is beautiful... I will treasure it always! I love the postcards from your home, Tornio... what a lovely city! Oh, and I am hoarding the Chocolate... ;-)

Lovely PIF gift from Tuula

Close up of the beautiful biscornu
Tuula sent me...


The Stash Faery also decided to pay me yet another visit last week... More yummy stitching goodies... I informed my Dragon she must keep a "constant vigilance!" ;-) I do declare, the way my stitching chest is filling up, I don't have a clue what to stitch next... And as for making a decision... you may as well forget it! ;-)

Homespun Elegance...
Spring Gathering & Delivering Spring

Homespun Elegance...
Tiny Stuff I & There Is A Garden

The Prairie Schooler... A Prairie Village I
Blackbird Designs... Garland Fair

Lakeside Linen
Fabric of the Month at Shakespeare's Peddler
Fat Half of Belfast Vintage Maple Sugar


As for stitching updates... I believe I do need a few lessons from the Hare for I fear I have become the Tortoise... As for rotations... hahahaha... I am stuck on CCN's Geranium House! I'm loving this one... yet I am none too sure about the colour I picked out for the house... I decided to use CC's Rosy Glow for the white flowers and the House, however, I really do not like the look of the house... the scan does not show the colour as it is IRL... it's almost a candy pink, if there is such a thing... and not at all what I had envisioned... The entire skein together is gorgeous, however when stitching it with two threads with these colour combinations... I'm thinking it's too pale and too candy pink for the look I want for this design... so I think I'm going to frog all the Rosy Glow on the house and go with another colour... I don't know what colour yet... perhaps GAST Oatmeal, Straw Bonnet, Parchment or Buttermilk... or even Butternut Squash... Or Olde Willow Stitchery's Chestnut, Gratitude Old Rose, Rebekkah Green, or Quaker Star Gold... Or CC's Antique Lace, Bunny Honey or Tufted Yellow... Help!!! What do you all think? I just cannot decide! lol This was my progress as of last night... I did stitch quite a bit more on it today... alas, no new scan as yet...


Geranium House WIP...
by Country Cottage Needleworks...
Stitched on R & R 30ct Iced Cappuccino...
With DMC, GAST and CC Threads...


I haven't stitched anything save this since my last post and as with everything else, I am getting behind yet again... My boss, Connie sent me over to the ER last Monday as she could tell I was in a lot of pain and not feeling well at all... I am not one to readily go to the Doctor... Someone usually has to talk me into it and most likely by the time they succeed in convincing me, I've admitted to myself, perhaps it's time to go... and if I think there is no other recourse... I will relent. Thus, she was fairly adamant about it in a sweet way... she's a lovely lady, and quite frankly I'm surprised she didn't threaten to dispatch an ambulance to come and get me if I didn't go on my own... I'm sure if she had thought of it she would have! Anyway, after four hours of lounging about in a Hospital bed, they told me nothing... just wanted to dose me up with pain killers, of which I refused... However, they did run lots of tests... the results of which led to more blood-work today... Thus, I had a Doctor's appt this morning, so I took my stitching with me as I knew I'd be there for several hours... it's always this way at my Doctor's Office... too many patients... too little time... As suspected, I was there for several hours {only three this time} and managed quite a bit more stitching on Geranium House amidst questions from curious folks... My Doc's office is in a rambling old house with a wide front porch complete with nice comfy chairs and a sun room off to the side... I chose to sit out on the front porch as it was such a glorious day and it's so dark in the waiting rooms and naturally most folks coming and going had to inquire about what I was doing... And as it's always such a pleasure to stitch, and chat about stitching, and seeing as how I was out on the front porch enjoying a lovely Spring Day and stitching to my heart's content... I could almost forget where I was... Almost... Anyway, aside from more blood-work and anti-biotics for sinusitis, the Doc also told me I needed to start taking my prescription Iron again... Which I already knew... I know I am too stubborn for my own good... Anyway, I go back next week for these results, so the saga continues... and we shall see what we shall see... ;-)

Oh, and Hazel, hopefully, Drema will have my fabby soon for A Most Noble Pursuit... I'd like to wait until sometime in May as well as I'd really like to finish up a couple of my WIP's too... so that will be fine with me! And as for your inquiry about who bought all that stash for me... {giggles} I am afraid to say, I bought it all... ;-) Yes, I know I have really splurged of late... and as for the Stash Wagon... Nope... I'm not even considering it! lol

Jamie thanks so much for checking on me, Sweetie... I'm sorry if I worried you or anyone else with my silence... You are all such sweet and thoughtful friends and I don't know what I'd do without you... your friendship means more than words can say... I'm off again tomorrow, so I'll be stitching and catching up with your blogs... can't wait to see what you've been stitching the last few days... As prolific as some of you are... I know it will be loads! :-)

My deepest heartfelt thanks to you all for your visits and your lovely thoughts and inspiring words of encouragement... they are ever blessed rays of sunshine dancing through the mists...

Until next time... Love in Stitches...


I am thankful for precious moments... blessed friends and sunshine...

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lizzy!

I´m glad that you liked your PIF! Enjoy the chocolate!

Hugs from Tuula.

Sally said...

What a gorgeous biscornu you received from Tuula and as for the chocolate I am drooling! Lol!

I hope all your test results come back fine. Thinking of you. I'm onto my second month of iron tablets so we'll see what happens when I stop taking them.

I actually love the look of your Geranium Sampler. And more lovely stash!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful PIF gift! I love looking at all your stash...wow! Hope you feel better soon and i'll be thinking of you with your test results coming up.

Jamie said...

Glad to hear from you Lizzy. I'm glad you are taking some control of everything. Your stash is absolutely lovely - you might need two dragons. Great gifts too. Feel better soon!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

So glad you're doing ok...I was thinking about you! Looks like you got a wonderful PIF gift and all that STASH...wow!
Love your WIP.

Nancy said...

Hi Lizzy,

What a cute biscomu you received - a very thoughtful gift! And the chocolate - YUM. All your new stash looks lovely, and I love the Maple Sugar fabric. I do hope you are feeling better soon. With beautiful weather arriving you should be able to enjoy these wonderful days.

Take care,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon - with all the lovely stash and PIFs you're receiving, I'm sure they'll cheer you up!

The Silver Thistle said...

There you are! I missed you!

Where to start? So much to see here..........Well first, thanks for the lovely stash pics.....my wishlist is now as long as my leg, lol (and I'm 6 foot tall, hahah.)

I LOVE that you always have such pretty stash pics and there's always a fob or somesuch in the photo! Is that a real cup of tea and do you do a new one for each time?

You have my thoughts as always, and my cyber hugs and wishes that you'll feel better soon. I'm with you all the way on Dr's and the avoidance of.....I'm phobic and unfortunately have to face the fear on a regular basis. However, if I had a lovely, sunny porch to sit on and could stitch while I waited, I could maybe grow to like it, lol. I doubt it....by it's got to be better than the concrete box that is my GP's office. (the scowly receptionists don't help of course)

Keep taking the tablets and in the meantime I'll look forward to your next update my friend :D

Lana said...

Sorry you are not feeling well as of late! but your geranium house looks beautfiul!
~Lana~

DaisyGirl said...

What a great giftie to get! Sorry you are under the weather too. Us stitching gals need to take care of ourselfs. I simply love Homespun Elegance patterns. Great stash!
Smiles,
Donna

elenamac said...

All sound wonderful including the chocholate!!
Thanks for these wornderful pics Lizzy!

love
elena

Julie said...

Hello Lizzy, nice to meet you, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Love the biscornu, very pretty. I like the pink of the geranium house

Chelle said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Judging by your stash photos, we like the same designers. :o)

I hope you get feeling better soon.

Mary Ann said...

Hi Lizzy,
I recently found your blog and wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading through it and looking at all of the wonderful stash pictures. Your Geranium House WIP is beautiful! I hope you are feeling better.

Mary Ann said...

Hi Lizzy,
I recently found your blog and wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading through it and looking at all of the wonderful stash pictures. Your Geranium House WIP is beautiful! I hope you are feeling better.

mainely stitching said...

Oh that's such a lovely PIF! And I love all the other 'eye candy' in this posting!

Good luck with the test results. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Julie said...

Lizzy, thank you for adding my blog site to your blogline and Thank you for having visited and left several comments.

I for one love your the color you're using on the house and would stick with it for a bit longer. I also hate frogging, so that might influence my decision!

I can see that I might get in trouble viewing your blog as I love all the patterns you've added to your stash! I hope some of them make it into my cart while on the hop!

I hope you get to feeling better soon - Julie

Annemarie said...

Lizzy, thank you so much for stopping by over at Wacky Wanderings, and thanks also for your lovely comment! I have to say: likewise! Your stitching is lovely. And I can't believe you're planning to start 'Noble Pursuit'! That is such a wonderful piece. I can't wait to see your start and progress. I might even start it myself. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hope you feel better soon.

Heather said...

Lovely PIF, and your new stitchy stash is really nice too :) I can’t do rotations! I have to be in “the mood” to stitch what I am working on or else I just get bored and put it down. The Geranium House looks cute pink, I’d leave it :) But then, I like pink!

I hope your results from the tests come back saying everything is okay. I have you in my thoughts. I just love your blog, you are so sweet <3

Margaret said...

Thank you so much for you lovely anniversary comments Lizzy.
What a pretty gift from Tuula. Isn't it wonderful when the mailman drops a package in your mailbox? So exciting!!!
Adore your Geranium Sampler. I don't know what it is about houses but they are among my favorites to stitch.
Great new stash - how will you ever decide what to stitch first?
Hope you are feeling a bit better and wish you a great weekend.

Kajsa said...

Oh Lizzy ! You have to take of yourself! Hope everything came back alright.

Lovely stitching and new stash. What a nice gift from Tuula.

stitcherw said...

What a great PIF, cute fob and wonderful chocolate. Also, great stashing. I recently joined the FOTM club and received my piece of Maple Sugar too. It is so pretty, reminded me of the country mocha that I've been working on lately that I like so well.

You got a lot done on Geranium House. As to the house color, it does look a little pinky to me as well. I don't have a color to suggest, all you listed sound good. Guess you'll just need to pull them all out and do a floss toss to narrow it down. :)

Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly. Hopefully with the iron and such you'll be feeling better soon. On the plus side, your doctor's office does sound like it is a wonderful place to sit and stitch while you wait.
Take care of yourself,
Sue

Deb said...

Oh, Lizzy, I love to visit you on your blog. But, I would really just love to sit down with you and look at your stash together and talk. I'm from NC originally, and I can just feel your warmth and kindness coming through your blog entries. Thank you for sharing with all of us. Loved your PIF..isn't that little fob so cute!? And your new stash is great.
Hugs, deb/lavender rose

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's a great stash haul! I'm hope you're healthy and that its nothing!

Lillie said...

Lovely gift and pretty stash. Your WIP is looking good. Hoped you are feeling better.

Hazel said...

Oh Lizzy I can't believe you bought it all yourself lol!!! Some pretties on here as well. I am still waiting for the missing flossies to arrive from the NPI silk pack. Are you getting the silk pack? Make sure you check it thoroughly!! Maybe a May start or maybe a June one for my birthday lol. xx

Wendy said...

How nice that you found a lovely porch to do your stitching while waiting so many hours at your doctor's. You seem to find a way to turn something negative into a positive, and with that outlook, I can't help but think you will always find your way to the top.

You have such a charming blog, I love reading your posts!

lena-lou said...

I hope you feel better soon your pretty biscornu from Tuula would have made you feel much better ;-)
Great WIP and love your new stash.

Thank-you for your nice visits to my blog...it is nice to 'meet' you :-)))

Take care

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Your Geranium House is beautiful. I will have to get that fabric to start mine.

Hazel said...

Hey Lizzie I am kitted up lol! xx

Meari said...

The gifts from Tuula are absolutely beautiful. Lucky girl with all that new stash. I like the pink for the house. Maybe stitch with it a bit longer, it may grow on you. :)

stitcherw said...

You've been quiet again, hope that means that you've been busy stitching and enjoying all your lovely new stash.
Sue

Juls said...

oh my first I need to apologize...so I am so sorry! I really thought I had commented sweet one! Hope this finds you feeling better and that the tests results came out well! Thinking of you and e-mail if you need too!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails