Pages


A Stitching Faery's Ramblings...
May you always be blessed with walls for the wind and a roof for the rain
and drinks beside the fire ~ Laughter to cheer you and those you love near you ~
and all that your heart may desire...

Friday, August 3, 2007

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pattern... My Needle and My Floss, They Comfort Me...


Wooo Hooo... I am now an official member of the *Sisterhood*... I can't believe Tessa's daughter, Maddi pulled my name from her Ladybug Hat and I am the next stitcher of this wonderful design which speaks so to the hearts of stitcher's everywhere... I've loved this pattern since Waxing Moon Designs came out with it and I already had it in my stash... but so wanted to join in the spirit of the Stitching Sisterhood and the wonderfully uplifting sentiment conveyed within... And here it is in all it's wondrous glory and comfort... As Harmien said... "Ne'er a truer word was spoken"

My Needle and My Floss
by Waxing Moon Designs...
"Stitching mends the Soul..."
Tessa also sent me this lovely
Wooden Heart Thread Keeper...
Thanks ever so much dear Tessa... :-)


I am sure some of you may be wondering just what the *Sisterhood* is... Well, it all started when Harmien stitched My Needle and My Floss by Waxing Moon Designs... Harmien enjoyed stitching the chart so much and was deeply touched by the sentiment and the message conveyed within... something I am sure stitcher's the world over can relate with... Anyway, in Harmien's own words... "In the spirit of PIF's and RAK's and all things good I would like to offer this chart to a fellow stitcher/blogger who would love to stitch this too." ... Thus Harmien had a drawing and Lili's name was drawn out of the hat... However... Barbara made this pledge on Harmien's blog should she win the draw... "... once I finish it (I'll stitch it immediately as soon as I get it) and then I'll offer it up again to other commentors on my blog. And boy will this chart be going on a world tour :)" Harmien thought this was a wonderful idea, however stuck to her original promise with the hope that the recipient would remember Barbara's pledge... As Harmien said... "Isn't that the most wonderful thing?? I love the idea of 'my' chart travelling the world spreading wonderful stitching sentiments!! BUT I do hope that the lucky recipient will remember Barbara's pledge and think: I will do that too!"

Thus, when Lili received the chart she decided to pass the chart on to Barbara because of the pledge she made on Harmien's blog... And then Margaret came up with the wonderful idea of the *Sisterhood of the Travelling Pattern*... Thus, the Sisterhood was born... and once Barbara was finished stitching it the chart journeyed on to Tessa... and now each stitcher who receives the pattern does so with Barbara's pledge at heart... Thus, I echo Barbara's pledge... "once I finish it (I'll stitch it immediately as soon as I get it) and then I'll offer it up again to other commentors on my blog. And boy will this chart be going on a world tour... :)"

So, I'll get started stitching this wonderful pattern posthaste so I can pass it on to the next stitcher... Oh, and if you want to join in the spirit of this wonderful sentiment and be a part of the *Sisterhood* leave a comment here on my blog between now and the time I finish stitching it and I'll add your name to the draw... ;-) I'll post updates as I stitch so you all will be reminded of the upcoming drawing...

On another note... I've been having some bother with my Fibro the past couple of weeks and as a result I'm behind with everything... and with trying to *catch up* with everything... you know how I am... "the hurrier I go the behinder I get" ... Anyway, I've got my Heartfelt Friends RR I have to get finished in the next few days... I'm using Little House Needleworks Dear Diary Series for my RR... A special project I have to finish... Yes, I'm still procrastinating about doing the finishing on my Mail Art... poor Roberta is going to think I've forgotten her... she knows I was having a time with starting the finishing part, and has been wonderfully encouraging and understanding... Anyway, the stitching has been finished for quite a while... however, I just can't bring myself to cut the fabric and begin the final process... I need some help!!! I keep hoping I'll wake up in the morning and find the finishing faery has paid me a visit during the night... Alas, no such luck... Thus, I must find the courage to get one with it... Please, ladies, if you run across the finishing faery, send her my way... and if you don't see her anywhere, a nice dose of courage along with some finishing mojo and skills will suffice... :-)

Oh, and here's a piccy of Lizzie*Kate's Bless the Graduate... I finished it a few weeks ago for my ds Jamie...

Bless the Graduate by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on Light Mocha Belfast Linen
with GAST and WDW threads...


OH, and I am thrilled to get the chance to go to an actual Needlework Shoppe tomorrow!!! Oh, Joy... Rapture... My dd, Brandy invited me to go to the Mall with her tomorrow... This particular Mall is about an hour and a half drive from us... Yes, we live in the Boonies... anyway the stitching shop is about 20 minutes or so from the Mall so I'll be journeying to The Stitch and Frame Shop... Woo Hooo!!! I'm going to pick out my threads for My Needle and My Floss and I've got to get the rest of LHN's Dear Diary charts for my RR... {I've only got one of them} and there's no telling what else may jump into my arms whilst I'm there... ;-)

And I'll leave you all with a piccy of Bilbo Baggins the Garden Gnome and some flowers from my garden...

Bilbo Baggins... the Garden Gnome...

My deepest heartfelt thanks to you, my dear friends for your visits, your thoughtfulness and your inspiring words of love and encouragement... they continue to brighten my life like sunshine dancing upon the sea...


Blessings and Love in stitches...


I am thankful for precious moments... The Sisterhood, special friends and love everlasting...

47 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

a lovely, inspiring, witty post as I love to read from you Lizzy :)
Enjoy your shopping, stitchy stashing day tomorrow!

Barbara J said...

Welcome to Sisterhood dear Lizzy! Am so glad this lil idea I had is creating small ripples within this global stitching community :)

Congratulations on the LK finish simple yet lovely!

I do so want to believe the charts will just jump into your arms ;)

Happy shopping and stashing from one sister to the other :D

Jamie said...

Oh dearest Lizzy!! I love the Sisterhood idea. Fantastic really.

Congrats on the finish for Jamie.

I'm going to stitch now.

Juls said...

Lovely finish!!!! Sorry your not feeling well! I'm sending good thoughts your way. I know what you mean about the finishing thing...if I see the fairy I'll catapult her to you LOL.

Oh I love the Stitch and Frame shop!!!! I have friends in Lake Wylie SC and they used to take me there when I would visit! I even mail ordered from them several times! Have fun and shop till your hearts content! You deserve it!!!

mainely stitching said...

Oh, here it is! I lost track of it - I must not have Maddy on my bloglines. Must rectify that.... But please, do add me to the list of potential followers with this wonderful pattern and heartwarming sentiment!

I hope your fibro will subside and give you a bit of respite. Good luck keeping up with everything you have going on!

Cheryl said...

Oh yes please add me to the draw Lizzy! It's such a lovely idea!
Congrats on the LK piece, it looks great.
Good luck with you RR piece. Im going to mail mine on Tuesday. I don't have my square finished but can do that when it gets back to me in months to come!
Good luck with the mail art. Ive never tried one either so can't offer any advice there

Anonymous said...

Have fun stitching this chart, Lizzy!! I am over the moon that my idea has taken on a life of it's own and that the chart is indeed travelling the world! I am so looking forward to seeing your progress piccies!
Feel better and have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Harmien

Carol said...

Yay Lizzy! I hope to try to be the next lucky recipient when you finish!! I love your graduate piece!

Hazel said...

Lovely story - it has inspired me to do something similar!xx

Julie said...

Lizzy, the graduate piece is beautiful - congrats on finishing it. Your RR will be beautiful, can't wait to see it.

stitcherw said...

How fun to win the draw, I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish up My Needle and My Floss. It is such a neat idea of this pattern traveling all over. It has also been fun watching how different stitchers have customized it slightly to fit their own tastes. There was one in blue that I thought was gorgeous (maybe Lili's?), but then blue is my favorite color.

Your Bless The Graduate turned out wonderfully, and the RR sounds like it will be cute as well. So sorry to hear that your Fibro is still bothering you so much. I keep hoping that it will settle down and given you some rest.

Have a wonderful time at the stitch shop, and I want to hear all about your new stash. I so love visiting a real LNS, seeing all the wonderful shop models, fabrics, fibers and such in real life just can't be beat.

Enjoyed seeing your garden gnome and flowers too. We've been classified as having a drought here now, so pretty much everything is brown. I have a small area of grass that is relatively green as I try to keep it watered so the dogs have a softer shady spot to lay in when outside. However, as they much prefer inside, with the airconditioning given the heat, they aren't out all that much this summer.
Sue

Anonymous said...

I'd like to join the Sisterhood... what a neat idea :)

Unknown said...

Great pieces! I want to be a part of the sisterhood too! LOL I saw that on Harmeins blog too. So please enter me in the drawing too and I will stitch it as soon as I get it and send it off to another stitch ASAP

Sally said...

What a fantastic idea the sisterhood is Lizzy. I'd love to be added to your draw as I love the sentiment of this and would be so happy to pass it on if I won.

I love your L*K finish. I bet your son will be thrilled with it.

I'm sorry to hear your fibro is playing up. I do hope you are feeling better real soon {{{{hugs}}}}

Have a great visit to Stitch and Frame:)

DaisyGirl said...

What a neat pattern! I like it! I've mailed my rr to Cheryl already, with mail strikes going on over there I hope she gets it soon.
Donna

Rowyn said...

Love your graduate piece, and your happy looking gnome. I'd love to be included in the draw for the chart too, please. :0) Such a neat idea.

Carla said...

Beautiful finish :) And congrats for being part of the sisterhood of the travelling pattern

Michele said...

so nice to see you blogging Lizzy :) miss you when you aren't around .. I hope all gets better with your Fibro :(

I love the Sisterhood idea! Please sign me up :)

Your Bless the Graduate piece is lovely! congrats on the finish :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzy
I am so glad that the chart reached you - I was beginning to worry about the English postal service!
I look forward to watching your progress with the Stitcher.

Deb said...

Lizzy, Please add me to your draw! I love the idea of the stitchey Sisterhood!
Hugs,
Deb

Velda said...

What lovely work you do Lizzy :) I've really enjoyed reading your blog.

Dawn B. said...

Cograts to you on the pattern. Hope it brings you lots of comfert stitching it.

Kajsa said...

What a great idea! I hope you had a fun time at the LNS and found your charts.

Anonymous said...

I have this chart. What a great idea to pass it on like that.
Brenda

Nicola said...

Hi Lizzy, sorry you've not been too good. I have another friend with fibro so know what you have been suffering.

Your L*K finish is lovely! Please put my name into the draw. I think the sisterhood is a great idea.

Jeanne said...

I love the idea of the Sisterhood! You are right about the sentiment on the chart - our stitching IS our comfort along with the sharing we are all able to do online. I have several designs by Waxing Moon and they are so funny and frequently, so true!

Tuula said...

Hi Lizzy!

Started on your FAir and Square, I hope that I managed to choose a pattern that you like and that the colours are right too. This will probably take some time, because my fibro is worse again...The idea Sisterhood is fantastic!
Lots of hugs from Tuula.

Anonymous said...

I love the Sisterhood idea; it sounds like it's really taking off, and your stitching is lovely. :)

Tracey said...

Oh please add me to the draw if I'm not too late! What a beautiful pattern and lovely sentiment!
And I love Bilbo Baggins.. yours and the hobbit! Oh for a garden that I could have a gnome! I guess I could buy one and put him in my shrubbery..

Margaret said...

Congratulations on full membership in the Sisterhood you lucky girl!! Looking forward to progress pictures.
Your graduate piece is so lovely and such a great memento for this wonderful occassion.
Have a wonderful weekend Lizzy.

Jennifer said...

Hi Lizzy! What a fantastic idea! I'd love it if you'd include my name in the draw :)

Jennifer
http://lifeincossland.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

I'm so happy to hear you are now the recipient of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pattern.

Please enter my name when the time comes around for the next drawing. Its such a fantastic idea to keep this pattern travelling around the world from one kind-hearted stitcher to the next!

I hope you had a great shopping trip with your daughter and you are keeping well, sweet Lizzy!

Lennu said...

Congratulations on the finish, it's lovely! Your blog is a joy to read :)

stitcherw said...

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. Hope you're enjoying the summer, and that you're having fun stitching My Needle, I'm looking foward to seeing how it is progressing.
Sue

Ranae said...

Hey Lizzy! Are you o.k.? havent heard from you. I thought I would check in and realized I didnt leave a comment. I love that chart and hope you are just too buzy working on it to ignore the blog world, lol. Congrats on the LK finish. We want to hear about your shopping. Hope to see a post soon.

Nancy in IL said...

Lizzie, so sorry to hear of your bothersome FM. My sister was recently diagnosed too. Autoimmune stuff is rampant in the family from my g'ma's RA passed to Mother, and me with lupus; now my sister with Fibro.

Love your LK graduate piece---perfect for a happy day! Love your scissors and fob too!

I, also, have that WM pattern and need to somehow do the same "sisterhood thing" with mine.

Don't you just love those Little House Dear Diary series? I have them all and have done the first one so far.

Good luck with finding that finishing faery. I could use some serious help myself. This whole summer has been very hard on me health-wise, but a faery would give me some serious hope, lol!

Paula said...

Cooweeee Lizzy are you ok? I sent you an email re Middy and haven't heard anything back.
I hope all is ok with you....
Paula

Barbara J said...

Hiya Lizzy!

I hope you're okay, you don't normally dissapear like this for so long :) Especially when there are progress reports due :p

Please say Hi! soon :D

Sally said...

Where are you Lizzy??? I do hope you're OK. {{{{hugs}}}}

Leeland said...

Hi! I have finally found your blog (wanted some news of the travelling pattern) but your latest post is "old". I hope you're OK, Lizzy.
HUgs,
Lili, comforted stitcher.

Paula said...

Lizzie I emailed you the other day again and still nothing. I'm getting worried about you now....please email or post a new blogpost so we all know you're doing ok.
Hugs

Karen said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you're better soon. I think the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pattern is a wonderful idea! Enjoy stitching it!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Lizzy,
Are you ok? I miss your blog posts. Hope all is OK.

Tanya :)

stitcherw said...

You've been awful quiet for quite some time now. I'm missing hearing from one of my favorite enablers and seeing what you're up to. Hope everything is ok and you've just been busy with summer stuff.
Sue

Sandy said...

Lizzy, Hope all is well with you. I haven't heard from you in awhile, been thinking of you.

MarchAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret said...

What a wonderful post Lizzy. You say it all so well. I hope to be joining the sisterhood soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails