Pages


A Stitching Faery's Ramblings...
May you always be blessed with walls for the wind and a roof for the rain
and drinks beside the fire ~ Laughter to cheer you and those you love near you ~
and all that your heart may desire...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

To Sleep... Perchance to Dream... Of Frogs...


I arrived home from work tonight, tired, yet thankful my three day, 36 hour stretch is over, and planning to get so much accomplished.... Ha! It wasn't in the stars. lol I fell asleep here in the chair at my desk whilst reading through my emails...only to dream of frogs... the stitching kind that is! ;-) I still have not finished my wee scissor fob... :-( I haven't had a lot of stitching time this weekend... Things were a wee bit wild at work and it's not even a full moon! I frogged the teacup today because I did not like the white and light pearl grey - which was the recommended colours... So... after going through some threads I had in my stitching bag with me at work, I chose GAST Highland Heather and I'm much happier with the results! :-) I've scanned my progress, however the Highland Heather does not look right in the scan... it's much too bright and lavender looking... Actually, it's more subtle and dusky pink and I'm a wee bit disappointed with the scan. I'll play around with it tomorrow when I scan the finished piece. I have a wee bit of the teacup to go and the rest of the backstitch and then I'm done... So, I'll get to that tomorrow and then I can begin New Snow! Wooo Hooooo... Here's a piccy of my progress thus far on A Spot of Tea by Dragon Dreams ...



Well, now that I've had a wee cat-nap, braved frogs and another night alone... I guess I should retire... However, after surviving on three and a half to four hours sleep the past three nights, my sleep deprived body thinks it's time to get up and start the day! Methinks not! lol I'm sipping on a piping hot cuppa coffee and listening to James Blunt and will most likely answer a few emails before I call it a night. There are so many things I need to do... just not enough hours in the day!

The winds are howling around the corners of the house and it's downright Baltic outside... Yet still no snow... It's supposed to be around 19F tonight and only in the 30's tomorrow... A great day to stitch! :-) Hopefully, I'll have another finish tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting my Blog and many heart-felt thanks for all the wonderful comments... they bring such joy and inspiration to my days! :-)

Until next time... Love in stitches...

1 comment:

CindyMae said...

Your piece is looking so adorable. I can not wait to see your progress on New Snow!!!! Happy stitching and I hope that those nightmares of frogs do not come true!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails