Pages


A Stitching Faery's Ramblings...
May you always be blessed with walls for the wind and a roof for the rain
and drinks beside the fire ~ Laughter to cheer you and those you love near you ~
and all that your heart may desire...

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stitching Bloggers Question...

This week's SBQ is:

Do you like to buy "chartpacks" that include charms, buttons, and/or beads or do you prefer to gather all materials yourself?

I usually prefer to buy the charts and gather the materials seperately... as I prefer entire skeins of thread... just to be on the safe side... ;-) However, if it's something like a Victoria Sampler chart, etc... I might go ahead and order the chartpack... just depends... lol

Having said that... usually when I order from my favourite Shoppe, Drema at Needlecraft Corner, I go ahead and ask her to add all the threads and buttons for the charts I'm ordering and I usually pick out my fabric then... though not always... So, it's like a chartpack, only better! lol And with a lot of designs, Drema puts all the items together in a *bundle* and offers a special price on it... i.e. The Bent Creek Snapperland Series and Blackbird Designs Loosefeathers... et cetera... This is always nice and I usually go ahead and purchase the bundle... :-)

If I had an LNS nearby, I would love to go and pick out everything in person... however, as I do not, I rely on Drema's judgement and what I can see from photos on websites and go from there... and usually it works out perfectly! ;-)

Thanks for dropping in and sharing your thoughts... your visits brighten my days...

Until next time... Love in Stitches...

I am thankful for precious moments and Needlework Shoppes...

1 comment:

Lelia said...

good answer to the sbq. I like getting the chart & charms -- but, the fibers ... I'm with you ... I need full skeins. It is esp frustrating to make a mistake, rip fibers out ... and not have ENOUGH in the kit to finish the project

enjoy your day & time off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails