Pages


A Stitching Faery's Ramblings...
May you always be blessed with walls for the wind and a roof for the rain
and drinks beside the fire ~ Laughter to cheer you and those you love near you ~
and all that your heart may desire...

Friday, February 2, 2007

Snow... Ground Hogs and Shadows...


Oh, what a Winter Wonderland it was yesterday morning... sadly, the snow has all but melted now. We got about three inches of snow yesterday, but by Noon it turned to sleet and rain and eventually nothing but rain by mid-afternoon and evening and was melting by then... so, thankfully, I did not have to pull a double at work! :-) However, we were so busy it was unbelievable! We had about 235 calls from 5:00 AM until around 10:00 AM alone... you would not believe the folks running in ditches and running into each other... there weren't enough Officers, Rescue, EMS and Firemen to answer all the calls!!! Thankfully, there were no serious injuries, mostly fender benders and the like. Nonetheless, I was completely worn out and so ready to go home! It felt like I had been there for two days! lol When I got home last night, I ate supper, checked my email, and went to bed with my book and ended up falling asleep in mid-sentence. :-) I'm still tired and I've had a splitting head-ache all day long and aching all over thanks to my Rheumatoid Arthritis so, I have not stitched at all today... :-( However, Tomorrow is another day... as Scarlet would say, and I'm planning on finishing my wee dragon into a fob and stitching some more on *New Snow*! :-)

On another note... they say Phil, the Ground Hog, did not see his shadow today... so, we are supposed to have an early Spring... I for one would like to see some more snow... however, I would rather it be on my days off, as I do not think I would like to go through another day like yesterday anytime soon! ;-)

I'm off to my bed to read for a wee while... I'm loving Eldest thus far... It picked up right where Eragon left off... Hopefully, I can stay awake long enough tonight to read more than a few sentences... I would so love to go and see Eragon at the Cinema... Oh, well... perhaps it's not too late yet and I can persuade one of my kids to go along with me... :-)

Thanks to everyone for dropping by... your lovely comments brighten my days... :-)

Until next time... Love in Stitches...

2 comments:

Juls said...

I just found your blog and I love it!!!!! I'll be visiting often!!!! I have a few Dragon Dreams in my stash and a few on a wishlist as well. Love your latest finish!

CindyMae said...

I am like you and could see more snow/winter. I love this time of year. But yet the sunshine and wamrer temps will be nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails